Sunday, December 30, 2007

Around the Campfire

This afternoon, as I was putting the finishing touches on a pot of 'sausage & kale' soup for supper, I looked up to see my eldest son coming through the back door. I realized that he had been out back for a long time. I looked out the kitchen window to see this...



The rest of the crew were sitting around the brush fire where they had been cutting and burning tallow trees all afternoon. They had been hard at work since lunch time and were kicking back to enjoy time together before heading in for supper. The back three acres are looking better and better all the time...but this sight made me smile, pick up my camera and head out to snap a few photos before I totally missed the moment. This country life may be good for family bonding after all!

No comments: