Thursday, June 26, 2008

ATL

I apologize for the two days of silence. I have been busy with things...like getting ready to leave for Atlanta!

I am so excited to be attending Deeper Still: The Event this weekend. Seeing Kay Arthur, Beth Moore and Priscilla Shirer all in one place...unbelievable. I learned to study the Bible through Precept Ministries and spent Tuesdays with Kay via video for years. Her ministry was used of the Lord to help me recognize my call to Women's Ministry and teaching. And Beth has had a huge impact in teaching me to walk in grace and true authenticity through Living Proof Ministry. I could listen to her all day. I have never heard Priscilla before, but I love to listen to her dad (Tony Evans) and cannot wait to be introduced to her teaching style. (I loved the article on her in Today's Christian Woman about a year ago.)

Add in some Travis Cottrell (anointed voice if I have ever heard one) and Mandisa...mmmmm, I can hardly wait.

I tried to get tickets to last year's event in Nashville, but no doing. They were sold out by the time I heard about it. So, I bought these tickets before they even knew where in Atlanta they were holding the conference. Now, the time has finally come to pack my bag and head out to the airport.

I am planning to take my laptop and may post if I get a chance. However, I am trying not to check a bag so I might have to lighten the load before heading out in the morning. If you don't hear from me before then, I will be back home on Sunday evening.

Have a blessed weekend, ya'll!

1 comment:

August said...

I was planning to go to the one in Vegas and meet my friend Kirstin, but the plans fell thru. I'm not sure if you remember her... they're the couple who owned that camping trailer we used when we went camping in Alaska. They just moved from Anchorage to Aspen Colorado last month.

Have a blessed time in Atlanta.