Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Weekend Getaway

During October, I snuck off for a little weekend getaway with some of my dearest friends.
We chose to sneak away to L'auberge Du Lac in Lake Charles.

We chose Lake Charles because it is so convenient to the Houston area.

See?  Just 132 miles.  We can do that in just under three hours from our house!
I went with the rest of the Grandmas Gone Wild crew...Stacy and Robin.  (I apologize for the crazy eyed look...but this was the only picture of all three of us!
We also let the guys tag along...so I was able to take my Best Friend along as well.

It was a relaxing weekend filled with pool time for the girls, golf for the guys and lots of chill time.

I actually made it out to the man made beach one morning for some quiet time!
This was the view from my beach chair!  Okay, it is not the same as the view from the hotel balcony in Santa Monica... the view of the Gulf of Mexico on South Padre Island...or even the one from the house on Lake Conroe...but it was still a view of the water.

And of course, when you travel with friends you always have to eat!

We tried out many of the hotel restaurants and on our last night, we went to Porter's favorite restaurant, Steamboat Bill's.  It must not be a big secret...it is voted #1 for Seafood after all.  Plus there were articles from Southern Living, Coastal Living and USA Today declaring it's wonders.  I had the boiled shrimp and they were DELICIOUS!  More flavorful than most of the places you visit.

All in all, it was a wonderfully relaxing weekend spent with some of my favorite people.  And I can hardly wait to do it again!

No comments: