Tuesday, February 7, 2017

An Unexpected Gift

I had a surprise when I walked into my office this morning. A white nondescript plastic mailer addressed to me. I wasn't expecting anything from Amazon or Barnes and Noble, so I had no idea what it might be. Imagine my surprise to open it and find this.
A gift copy of Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth's new book, Adorned: Living Out the Beauty of the Gospel Together

From the book jacket:
The Titus 2 model of older women living out the gospel and training younger women to do the same is vital.  It's how we all thrive, how we are adorned, and how we adorn the gospel...together. 

Imagine older women investing themselves in the lives of younger women, blessing whole families and churches.  Imagine younger women widening their circle to include women who've walked further down the road.  Imagine women of all ages and seasons being transformed by the gospel, displaying its beauty, and making it believable to those around them. 

This rich study of the instructions to women in Titus 2 provides a roadmap to help you experience the kind of community and influence God designed you to have in the church and the world. 

This is my heart's cry...the passion that the Lord has stirred in me for years and is even now stirring anew as He lays younger and younger women on my heart.  As the back cover says so beautifully:

Woman To Woman.
Older And Younger.
Side By Side.
Life On Life.
This is God's good and beautiful plan.

I can hardly wait to start reading!

No comments: