But here we are at the end of February and I still have not posted my monthly update for 2012. And because I really do want to live by this year's motto of
"If it matters, you make the time.
If it doesn't you make excuses."
...I am going to quit making excuses and just tell you how it is!
It is not going very well, my friends!
- Read through the Bible in a year - Thanks to the accountability of the Facebook group, I am doing pretty good in this one. I have missed about six or seven days since beginning, and have made up all but about three. Since tomorrow is February 29 and there is no set reading for that day, I am going to try and catch up what I have missed. Thanks again, August!
- Exercise 30 minutes a day - I did this for like four days...way back in January...and I haven't done anything since. I am thinking of re-framing this one to be 15 minutes a day to start. I would love some ideas on how to get this one to become a full fledged habit!
- Weekly Meal Plans - I started out all gung ho on this one. I downloaded an app to my iPad and started collecting the recipes to make it even easier. Then, after our trip to Arkansas, I decided to trade in my wi-fi iPad for one that was 3G capable...which meant I had to start all over on the recipes. I got two weeks in and the thing quit working. Just quit! Wouldn't turn off or on...it would just hang up and stay at the same place. So, I got another iPad...which meant going back to AT&T to activate and reloading all my apps, including the menu planner. I told Jim that I wasn't even going to start inputting all the recipes again until I was sure this one was going to work. So far, so good...so I guess it is time to get back on that horse!
- Eat breakfast every morning - Epic fail! Nope...not happening!
- Spend more time with the grandchildren - So far we have been able to exceed my ideal. In January, we had Davin over one night while his mom and dad had a night out. The next weekend we had Brooke and Maddux over for the evening while their parents went out. And then I had the opportunity to spend time with Maddux for his birthday. This month I hope to take a day to go with all three of them and their Mommies to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo carnival for rides, funnel cakes and agri exhibits. Lots of fun!
- Remember to count my blessings - I did okay in January, but February has seen very few things added to my list. I really, really need to get back to this one!
- 2012: The Year Of Organization - I didn't share this one with you earlier, but this is what Jim has titled the current year. We have a long way to go, but have been making great headway on this one. We have totally revamped our Master Closet, we re-purposed the linen closet in our bedroom and I am almost finished with the remodel of our Home Office. I have been setting a goal of one project a weekend and (other than the weekend I was in NYC) so far, so good! I have carried two or three loads of things to Goodwill. Bri has taken a TRUCKLOAD of clothes to WARM. And Jim has burned or hauled off a couple of truck loads of trash! (Albeit, a lot of that was from an abandoned travel trailer left on our property by the previous owners.) AND, Jim has been tackling the garage while I have been hard at work on the inside.
- I still haven't found that photography class, but Robin has offered to take a trip to Colorado with me to take Kristen's class, if we can't find one around here.
- Getting crafty again - well, one of my daughter's gave me my first project after reading that post! Guess I better get busy on it!!
- Making time for special relationships - I don't know if that family reunion is going to happen this year or if it will have to wait until next year. I really need to see if we can book a block of rooms for this summer. But, I am making time for those lunches and dinners with friends.
- Jim's big day - I found a place that I want to check out that I think he will love!
- Read for fun more - I just started Jane Eyre, which I have never read...and I really need to read The Hunger Games before that movie comes out next month!
- Women's Bible Study - I've missed the past two Wednesday nights...but plan to be back at it this week. And our Wednesday lunch group has been struggling with all sorts of illness and scheduling conflicts, but we keep plugging away at it!
- Travel - I just returned from the New York City trip last week. We had a great time! And I'll be traveling to San Antonio next month to watch one of my beautiful nieces in a pageant there. That will make three trips in three months...so, I'm thinking I'll need to stay home in April!
I hope I have a better report for you in March...until then, I'll keep 'striving for excellence, not perfection."