Monday, July 14, 2008

What A Week!

With all that lying on the deck, casually strolling along The Strand and visiting with family and friends...I was absolutely exhausted when we got home!

We had the best time on Surfside Beach. We had dinner with some of our dearest friends on the 4th. Fireworks on the beach got a little exciting as someone down the way managed to set the dunes on fire down from our rental. Thankfully it was put out pretty quickly and with little damage. The Beach house deck held eight families and lots of food. It was wonderful!

On the 5th we took off for Lake Jackson to get breakfast. We didn't have time to do the shopping on the 4th, so the girls and I hit Wal-Mart after enjoying pancakes at IHOP. They surprised me with a new purse for my birthday...a beautiful tan leather Coach. That afternoon we celebrated birthdays together...Albert's, mine and Bev's. It was my first time to karaoke...and it was so much fun! We are planning to do that again soon!

On Sunday the Mommies and Grandbabies headed back to Houston. The boys did some fishing and I spent the afternoon on the deck visiting with friends. Sunday night we had adult dinner out. That was a wild night for Jim...dinner with three women. I think we made his head spin just trying to keep up with the conversation! It was a blast and I think we made him turn pink at least twice during the night! At least now, the next time I come home from a 4 hour dinner with the Girls...he will not question whether or not it had really taken us that long just to eat!! Ha!

Monday was pretty laid back. The guys did some fishing and the boys spent a lot of time on the boogie boards. On Tuesday we had to come in to Houston to do a little work. Everyone still wants a paycheck...whether I am on vacation or not! Casy and Debbie flew in for his appointments on Wednesday and Thursday. When we made it back to Seaside Dreams we took time to just walk along the beach and then took a little drive to show them around.

Wednesday I went in to Galveston with a friend for some leisurely shopping. Can you say HOT? I didn't realize how much I was depending on that Gulf breeze just to breathe! The shops along the Strand were fun for browsing.

Thursday Debbie and I decided to try the boogie boarding. She did better than I did. I just tried not to get washed out to sea! Friday morning we had to get things cleaned up before checking out at 11. Try washing linens for twelve people by 11 AM!

We made it in around 2:30...I was out by 3...as in out cold asleep! I didn't wake up from my nap until after 6 that night!!!

I had no idea that relaxing at the beach was so exhausting!

We have a busy week around here this week too. Casy's surgery is scheduled for Thursday and we have family that will be arriving tomorrow and Wednesday. I may be scarce for a few days...but I promise to be back soon!

1 comment:

August said...

What a wonderful time with friends and family!