Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Attack On The Crow

Remember that cute crow that I set out by our driveway in mid October? The one in my fall picture to the left? Well, he is no longer there. Actually, he has been missing for almost a week...and I did promise pictures. For the record, he lasted for one solid week with out being disturbed. Then, I drove home on the following Monday night to find him laying in the front yard without his hat or his beak! Poor thing! I set him back out, minus the beak, in hopes that he wouldn't scare anyone away. Jim and I have had to pick him up several times since then...always with a few more scars, but still able to stand sentry by the drive.

Well, this past Saturday, I awoke to find this sight at the bottom of the stairs to the back deck.


No hat, no beak, pants ripped and missing a foot. We finally had to say goodbye to cute crow!

Guess what I found lying on the top step of that same deck?

We believe him to be the instigator of this assault on a poor, helpless crow.

Bad Hoss!

5 comments:

Robin said...

I'm just now finding out about the crow! Thanks for sharing the picture and story....better make sure when you decorate for Christmas you got stuff nailed down...be careful of wires to lights...or maybe yet Hoss needs a little shock.

Anonymous said...

As attorney for the prosecution my client, Mr. Hoss, who is cute, kind, and loving, was watching over Mr. Crow to make sure nothing else bad happened to him. If there is any so called incremenating evidence on my client then it is because my client was trying to help Mr. Crow. My client is innocent until proven guilty. HA HA.

I agree with Robin for the Christmas decorations. NAIL THEM SUCKERS DOWN!!!

Rita

August said...

Poor Mr. Crow.

Yeah... I think a little electric shock would teach him a lesson on not messing with your seasonal outdoor decor. ;)

Anonymous said...

AAWWWWW --- how in the world could you possibly be upset with that precious little face?

Anonymous said...

Haha! I think that thing has seen better days.