Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Friday Night (Christmas) Lights

Last Friday night our WHOLE family met up at Santa's Wonderland for our third annual outing.   It was the first time that we were ALL in attendance.  I know it sounds like I am repeating myself, but it really is a big deal for us to all be together.   We are often missing at least one person...whether it is Josh or Matt (or both) working; Will or Brian out with friends (which almost happened this particular night); or Jim at home tending to animals...we are often missing at least one of us.  We have learned to just make the memories when we can, but when we all get together it is even more special.

Since I have posted so many pictures from this outing in the past, I didn't even take my camera this time.  I just kicked back and enjoyed the time with my family.   (I did snap a few with my phone, as you can see.)
Even though pictures were not high on the priority list for me, there were some traditions that could not be broken.   Like buying a HUGE bag of kettle corn to pass around while we waited to see Santa.  (That picture will be on your Christmas card so I don't want to spoil the surprise too soon.)

And of course we saw Santa, as I mentioned...and we had a nice fajita dinner sitting around the campfire while watching "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" (probably my favorite Jim Carrey movie of all time).

Then we set off on the hayride.  These were my favorite lights of the night (though the airplane was a close second).

After the hayride through the lights we wandered through the little shops (our favorite is the candy store with its homemade fudge and hot apple cider) and even picked up a few Christmas gifts while the grandchildren enjoyed the train ride.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.  After Santa, most of the guys rode the mechanical bull!  Hilarious!!!  I think Brian has the video evidence...maybe we can post it to Facebook or something.

We arrived at Santa's place just a few minutes after 6...we didn't leave until after 10.  The grandchildren really wanted to visit the petting zoo, but the adults were worn out.  It was a quiet ride home!

(Full Disclosure: If you read my friend Robin's blog post about her family's mis-adventures at Santa's Wonderland, I feel the need to explain that on this particular night (though it did become crowded) we had 11 adults to 5 children.  That seems to be the minimum amount required for a pleasant evening and no one lost!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the bull riding adventures. Yes, I did read Robin's blog. Poor thing, she did not have a very good time.
I really want to bring Ryker there sometime soon. Maybe next year.

Rita