Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Am Still Here!

I am okay...really I am. It has just been a very busy week and I have not had the chance to post lately.

Monday night I had dinner with a couple of ladies from our former church. We call ourselves the 'North 40 Group" because we live/work in the far northwest corner of Houston and quite a distance from the church. It was great to see them. We had not met since October due to all the holiday comings and goings.

Tuesday night was Bible study. Yes, I went. I will continue to go until the Lord makes it clear to me that I should be someplace else. It was good, as usual. I was a little more involved during the praise and worship and the lessons are always moving.

Yesterday I started clearing out our house of 13 years. We had left a lot of stuff that would not fit in the little trailer when we moved. Rather than pay for storage, we left it where it was. It is now time to do the emotional work of sorting through all the stuff a family of seven can accumulate in 13 years. We have already been used to bless the lives of friends who just moved into their first home with some furniture and taken a truck load of stuff to Purple Heart for donation. Today Meagan and Kelli will help me sort through the kids rooms to try and distinguish what has enough sentimental value to keep and what does not.

I will check back in with you soon. In the meantime, ya'll have a wonderful week!

No comments: