Saturday, August 30, 2008

Whoo! Pig! Sooie!

Football season is one of the most frustrating times of the year around our house. Living in Texas where everyone tends to be either a Longhorn or an Aggie fan, we are rarely treated to a Razorback game. We are Razorback fans to the core...winning season or not. The only thing more exciting than Razorback football to me is Razorback basketball.

Needless to say, there was no possibility of us getting a peek at the Arkansas/W. Illinois game tonight. The kids saw the score while at dinner and the Hogs were trailing..but I just saw on ESPN that the Hogs pulled out the win with a score of 28 to 24. I am not sure what happened, but I am celebrating the win. We play the Longhorns on the 13th and I plan to park in front of my television for the game.

I should order a game day flag so I can 'fly the colors'. I bet it will be the only one in the neighborhood!

Go, Hogs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I'm catching a non-sequitur here:

Our House --- No Possibility

It literally "does not follow."

The correct grammatical construction would be: In OUR house the Razorback games are ALWAYS watched.

It could be a line from the old 80's classic "Johnny Dangerously,"

My kid tried to keep me from watching a Razorbacks game once...............ONCE!

Anonymous said...

Reading your post again, I see that I may well have misunderstood. It may well be that the actual case is that you couldn't watch the Razorbacks game because it wasn't ON.

My apologies.

Solution: DirecTV HD and a nice new 60" DLP rear projection job.