Monday, December 22, 2008

The Progression Of A Santa Photo

I persuaded Meagan & Kelli to take the grand babies to visit Santa last week. I am envisioning a mantle laden with annual Santa pictures...looking back ten years from now and seeing them grow up right before my very eyes! It is something I had always intended to do with our five children, but in the hustle and bustle of Christmas, it was never accomplished.

Needless to say, the task did not go without a few hitches. Evidently Brooke took one look at Santa and burst out screaming. So much for cute, smiling, Santa pictures! Davin didn't seem to mind Santa too much...though with Brooke screaming, he determined not to get too close to him. Thank goodness for Santa's quick wit. I will let you see in photo format the progression of a Santa photo--all just to please Nonna.






And here is my favorite!

I just love Brooke's little 'hammy' tails. She looks like a little reindeer sitting there. Davin finally decided to smile, but alas, the picture crew had already taken six photos and were too busy for more! Next year we will have three grand babies to sit in Santa's lap. Better warn Santa now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures!! Brookes piglet tails are wonderful and Davin is as handsome as ever. Good thing he got his looks from Grandpa Jim. HA HA.

Santa is very wise. All Santa pictures should be taken like this. You see so many that have the child looking terrified.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
Love ya much!!
Rita

August said...

I think the photos are great! Especially the one where Santa is hiding behind the tree. It's certainly not your average "sitting on Santa's lap" pose.

I love it!!!

Brenda said...

I love these and can remembr Sam ltting ou a scream. The big hairy Santa always frighten him.Ha!