Monday, April 26, 2010

Custom Crawfish Boil

What in the world did we do on Saturday?

Well, many of you guessed a cookout...and you were right. It was our annual Custom Fire Protection Crawfish Boil!


Doesn't that look good? It sure tasted good! Crawfish, potatoes, corn, mushrooms, and artichokes...YUMMY!


Here are a few pictures of our guests getting their grub on:


















I warned them all before I took the pictures, so if anyone has their mouths wide open (hint: Bri and Chris)...they were just too involved in the crawfish goodness to stop eating long enough for me to snap the picture.


After 164 pounds of crawfish were consumed...the players took their turns at the annual horseshoe tournament. Since we had to change the venue from our house to the office due to the 60% chance of rain that was forecast (yeah, I don't see any rain in these pictures either), we had to adjust from horseshoes to washers for this year's championship.

Jack and his dad, Grady, will have their names added to the Championship Plaque alongside the 2008 Champs (Jim & Chris) and the 2009 Champs (Derrick & Billy) for all to see. So far, there is no one that can claim more than one spot on the trophy...so bragging rights are still up for grabs next year!

The Lord gave us beautiful weather despite the vicious forecast of rain for two day before and thunderstorms the day of the event. As a matter of fact, I had to go outside and water my strawberry plants yesterday!
So, what did you do this weekend?
(Note for Doug: Yes, I needed that huge bag of coffee to keep me going through this day long event. We start at the break of day and do not wind it up until well after dark!)
(And Rita: Surprise! I am posting before Wednesday!)
(And to anyone who cares: Why doesn't spell check like the word 'crawfish'? )

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow lots of crawfish! It was so pretty saturday went past Kickaboo rd to look at bluebonnets talked about your company party.

Brenham was nice, look like the day was good 4 everyone.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it didn't rain on your party!!! The crawfish did look good. I see Matt was able to get off work to eat crawfish. Poor boy works way to much.

I'm very impressed that you were able to post before Wednesday!! I would still be in bed today and dare anyone to get me up before I'm ready.

I hope to be able to come to Houston soon. I will borrow Paige's GPS this time. I would like to make it there before winter. ha ha

Rita

Unknown said...

haha.. on the pic of the washers game it looks like brooke is riding on davins back

Robin said...

looks like a fun time...I think you need to do one of these for the friend sector...I'll be a helper :)

Stacy said...

How fun!!! Oh, and I agree with Robin! :)

Unknown said...

I agree three!! We need to have an annual Goode-Harris-Lozano crawfish boil :) And anyone else can come too! :)