Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankfulness: Days 6-11

Day 6: I am thankful for those who share their bounty.  Deborah's parents sent home extra 'valley lemons' with Brian after their date on Sunday.  It took me a few days to get around to them, but once I figured out that they are actually delicious Meyer Lemons...there was no way they were going to waste.  I made two lemon pound cakes.  Next up, Meyer Lemon Jelly!
Day 7: I am thankful for dear friends that always make time for a little fun in our lives.  This particular trip was to spend the evening visiting and shopping at the Fort Bend Junior League's Sugar Plum Market.  In the past few years we have helped Robin out with a booth; but this year it was just for fun.  No set-up, no tear-down...just food, laughter and a few glasses of wine to help us shop. A perfect Girl's Night with Stacy, Robin, Kelley, Jennifer and I.  We had a great time!
Day 8: I am thankful for inspiration.  I have been wanting a little spot like this in my backyard, but couldn't really express my idea to Jim.  On Friday, we were visiting a dealership to take possession of a couple of company trucks.  While waiting I found these quiet little nooks...just what I had in mind except with a fire pit.
Day 9: I am thankful for the opportunity to make memories with my family.  Jim and I set out Saturday morning for a weekend visit to Atlanta.  Rosa and Steve gifted us with tickets to a Falcons game for our birthdays.  We chose to go this particular weekend so that we could also celebrate the birthday of our favorite Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader, Naiz.  She is truly a beautiful girl, inside and out.  (This picture is from her birthday celebration dinner at Chops.)
Opening ceremony at the Falcons vs Seahawks game.

Rosa, Steve, Jim and I getting ready to fly to Augusta for dinner.
We didn't make it up, but we certainly made some memories!

Rosa and I with our headsets on...ready to fly.
Day 10: I continue to be thankful for the opportunity to make memories.  A Falcons game, an (almost) ride in the private plane, followed by a relaxing evening spent sitting in the Doubletree Lounge with Rosa and Steve for a little conversation. Priceless!

Day 11: I am thankful for the answers to prayers.  As you all know, I love to travel and to experience new places.  What you may not know is that my husband is the total opposite.  He would rather stay home than to be any place else.  (I attribute that to all of the travel he did in our early years of marriage as a sprinkler fitter.)  Any way, even though he doesn't love to travel as I do, he graciously does it because he loves me.  As we set out on this trip to Atlanta, I prayed that the Lord would pave the way before us and that it would be 'painless' for Jim.  Well, did He ever deliver!  Exceedingly, abundantly more than I could have ever asked or imagined.  No traffic...in Houston or Atlanta.  Straight shots through security at both airports.  In Houston we did not even have a wait -- that never happens to me.  Our flight to Atlanta (on a small express jet) was only 1/3 of the way full.  Our flight home was overbooked but still made it off the runway on time.  The Lord provided us with a wonderful driver in Atlanta.  Shoot, even getting in to the Falcons game was relatively crowd-free.  And I captured a great photo of the Atlanta skyline on my phone:
It has been busy...but it has been good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Day 6 - You've become a regular Suzie homemaker. I remember when you first got married and didn't really cook much. Now you are making a lot of goodies from scratch. Grandma Fulton would be so proud of you.

Day 7 - Great to have friends like this. Always willing to go and do at a moment's notice.

Day 8 - I would love to have something like this myself.

Day 9 - So great that you got to spend time with Rosa, Steve and Naiz.

Day 10 - Making memories - the best job in the whole world.

Day 11 - Answered prayers are great when He answers them the way you have in mind.

So happy a great time was had by all.

Rita