Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankfulness: Day 1

“Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. ~Margaret Mead”


Perhaps never have those words been more true than of Rosa and myself.  As children, we did NOT get along.  In personality, we have always been polar opposites.  But as adults, she has become my best friend.  There is nothing I wouldn't trust her with.

I couldn't help but think of her today...after all, it is the anniversary of the day she became my sister.  So, I begin my month of Thankfulness remembering one of God's most grace-filled relationships in my life -- the joy of being her sister.

Happy birthday, Rosa! 

    I respect the Godly woman that you have become.  Your fierce loyalty to your family and friends makes me aspire to be more like you.  You always say you look up to me...I don't think I tell you enough how much I admire you.  May the Lord richly bless you in the year to come. 

I love you dearly!
Fonda

No comments: