Thursday, November 1, 2007

Babies, Babies

I spent today with my two precious grandchildren and our new mommies. Little D and Aunt Meagan drove over to visit with Princess B and Aunt Kelli.

It is such a blessing to watch as Meagan and Kelli interact with their own children. I sit in wonder as I watch them playing and talking, as they change diapers and fix bottles...somewhere along the way they have grown into beautiful young women who nurture so naturally. Davin adores his mommy. His brightest smiles are always for her. I love to watch them play and hear him laugh. Brooke is such a sweetheart. She snuggles into Kelli's arms like she has always been there.

I am looking forward to the days ahead, watching them grow and learn. I am looking forward to tea parties and t-ball games; to dance recitals and deer hunts. Yet today, I am content as I watch two of my girls sharing labor stories and baby tips; personal struggles and laughter. Somewhere along the way, they became friends. What more could a mother want?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma D
I found your depiction and description of your day quite profound and heart touching. Wish we could be there.

Anonymous said...

So beautifully written from a mother, and touching to see the love of two sister who are now new Moms and Friends. WoW!