Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Dog Days Of Summer Are Upon Us

It is August in Texas...the heat has been pressing down on us for months now. Due to the rains in July, we didn't have as severe of temperatures as in summers past, but it has still been hot...and the humidity makes it feel even worse.

I find myself daydreaming of fall.  A lot.  I have been envisioning days where cool breezes cause you to pull your jacket in a little closer.  Football games where you need your stadium blanket and a cup of hot chocolate to keep you cozy.  Sitting in a deer stand watching your breath fill the air.

I know these atmospheric conditions will not come any where near us until late November...maybe not even then.  But a girl can dream can't she?

It was with these thoughts running through my head that I went to see my hair stylist on Tuesday evening for a color touch up.  Diandra is a miracle worker when it comes to my hair.  Since I have no clue what to do with my hair, I just walk in and put my head in her hands.  After all, if I don't look good, she doesn't look good either, right? 

(My feeble attempts at styling my hair and my procrastination of sitting still for a color withstanding.)

Can you imagine my delight when she suggested that we get ready for fall by bringing down the blonde highlights and adding more brown lowlights?  She was reading my Fall Loving mind!  Even my hair stylist knows it really is just around the corner. 

And when I arrived home last night, guess what I found in my mailbox?
The September issue of Real Simple Magazine

My heart just swelled at the thought of wearing this trench coat and those wonderful leopard print heels.  And that Pumpkin colored dress?  Oh, how I love it too! 

One thing led to another, and late last night I ended up on the Zappos website looking for a pair of brown riding boots.  That is when I stumbled upon these beauties.
Frye "Paige" Tall Riding Boot at Zappos
Don't they just scream fall? 

Then, I looked at the price tag and plummeted back down to earth.

Though I think I may have found a temporary insanity plea in which I could blame it on the heat.

"These are strange and breathless days, the dog days, when people are led to do things they are sure to be sorry for after."  From the Prologue of Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

Think Jim would buy it?

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Ah yes actually was in the closest looking at winter clothes tues. Took the sweaters out, turlenecks to look at them. Ready for cooler days ahead.