Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Battle Of The Davids

What a difference twenty-four hours makes! At the close of last night's American Idol, Debbie called to see how I felt about the final three. I had to admit that no one really thrilled me and that it didn't really matter to me who went home this week or who made it to the finals. My fave girl, Carly, was sent home weeks ago and my fave guy, David Cook, just wasn't bringing on the 'wow' factor for me. She pretty much agreed.

But as I watched the show tonight, I found myself rooting for David C. again. I just couldn't get over the idea that if I had to go out and buy a CD from one of these three, it would be David C. hands down. His genre of music is one that I like and his humbleness causes me to pull for him. (Don't get Jim started on the last part of that statement.)

As soon as the show ended, my cell phone started ringing. It was Debbie again confessing that she has had a change of heart and was back on the David C. band wagon. I had to laugh! We were having the same thoughts...and she is all the way in Arkansas this week. Maybe we have just watched together for so long this season that we think alike, even when we are hundreds of miles apart.

You know where I will be next Wednesday night. I will try to watch Tuesday night as well, but if I am not quite coherent enough by then, ya'll will remind Jim to record it for me, right?

6 comments:

August said...

Well, since you forgiven me for supporting a Democrat, I guess I have to forgive you for being a fan of American Idol!

I don't necessarily have anything against American Idol, but I refuse to watch anything on Fox TV!

Anonymous said...

Oh HONEY! First you openly admit that you're supporting a DEMOCRAT for President. Now you imply that you don't watch Fox News?

You're going to be kicked out of the club!

August said...

Don't mind DH! He likes to teased me how I'm becoming more "liberal" in my old age.

Of course I'm joking about American Idol... but honestly, I can't stand to watch Fox News.

For the most part we "DVR" all the shows that we like to watch on DRTV and they're mostly on DIY, HGTV and Food Network. We also enjoy watching Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

Some of the current "network" shows that we like are House and CSI:Miami. The only "reality" show I watch is Project Runway.

We rarely ever watch ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX. Then there's Netflix! :)

Fonda said...

Gotta love DVR! That is the only way I get to watch a movie. American Idol is the only show that I watch while everyone else in the household groans and makes fun of me. We do all watch Monday night sitcoms on CBS...other than that it is usually on some sporting event unless they have been watching a lot of sports lately, then they let me watch HGTV. See, in my old age I am now in the unfamiliar territory of being surrounded by males!

Brenda said...

Hey Girl glad you enjoyed your favorite show. I still haven't seen it yet so it comes on Fox don't watch much on that channel.
Abc,nbc,cbs and watch SPORTS and sports oh boy.
We watch Food channel and on our Anniversary we visited one of Bobby Flay's Throw Down's in San Antonio. The best Mexican food ummm.

August said...

Did you see the American Idol's final show? I read that your David C won. Congrats!

:)