Saturday, May 10, 2008

What Will They Think Of Next?

I admit, I have been out of the baby game for quite some time. 13 years to be exact.

Compared to my mother's child raising years, I had it pretty easy. The disposable diapers had reached a dependable level and the baby formula had started coming in powder form - which made travel easier. By the time Will joined the family, we even had the benefit of the audio baby monitor so that I could hear him over the noise of the other four.

My girls have it even better, enjoying the technology of:
*baby swings that you don't have to wind up (boy were they loud)
*car seats that double as baby carriers and attach to strollers (it looked like we were moving every time we set off for the grocery store)
*video monitors (especially nice with a newborn who you constantly check to see if they are breathing)
&
*portable play yards that are half the size of the old ones

But early this morning, around 3 AM, I discovered something that really made me think "what next?" BABYTV. That's right. While flipping through the DirectTV channels to find something that would keep me awake while Brooke took her bottle, we found BABYTV. They play classical music while bright pictures flash across the screen. I guess there really is money to be made in the land of infants.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh Girl, I am amazed with all the modern inventions and technology of baby items. I think to myself what next and get excited at the store but Fonda BABYTV, baby's have it all we have come a long way.