Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm Really NOT Trying To Be A Hermit!

I can't believe it has been over a week since the wedding and I have not one picture to show for it! With Rosa busy overseeing homecoming preparations for Jana and Stevi and Meagan out of town...I haven't seen a single picture from the blessed event!

I have a basket full of table cameras in my car that I need to drop off for processing this afternoon...so maybe I will have pictures by tomorrow.

Our Internet has been out at the house since just after the hurricane. Is that crazy or what? We had service all through Ike....but now we don't. The telephone itself works sporadically. It looks like Jim is going to have to run all new phone lines. After that is done, we will need Albert to come out and set up our network again.

Well, the newlyweds are home from Vegas. They came by for a visit last Saturday evening. They had a great time...but decided that five days is about a day and half too long for Vegas! Meagan opened wedding wedding presents for 15 minutes or so sitting in the living room floor. It looked like Christmas when she finished!

Jim and I attended the Waller County Fair Junior Auction with Porter and a friend on Saturday afternoon. What a blast! There were turkeys, chickens, rabbits, horses, cows and pigs...along with other things that had been handmade. We purchased a steer that was being handled by a 'wee' little girl. I couldn't believe my eyes. He was taller than she was! Yet there she was leading him around that ring like a pro! We picked up a pig too...258 pounds of pork goodness. I don't know if the rest of the crew will attend the event with me again or not, but I look forward to going again next year.

I don't remember livestock auctions at our county fair growing up. Maybe they had them and I was just ignorant of the fact. I just remember walking through to view the first place jams and pickles and clothing, etc. I remember seeing the livestock and their ribbons...but what happened after that, I don't have a clue. My mom actually won a few first place ribbons at this year's Ashley County Fair for her jewelry. She placed second or third on her jelly, too.

Well, I need to run out and pick me up some lunch real quick. I have work to do this afternoon. Thanks for sharing a few minutes of your day with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to see picture!!! Ha! you sound busy but eventful. Talk to you soon...Robin