Sunday, October 19, 2008

Overcome By Writer's Block

It has been pointed out to me by a few of you that this blog has been inactive for over a week...getting close to two. I think this is the longest I have ever gone without writing SOMETHING. Not necessarily the longest I have gone without saying something of substance...just something! Ha!

There have been several factors to the silence. First there was the Internet situation at home. As it turns out, during Hurricane Ike, I tried to log on while the power was out and when that didn't work, I plugged the wires back in the wrong way. Hey, I never claimed to be a computer whiz! Thanks to Albert, the situation has been corrected and the 'home' computer has been cleaned up from it's pop-up virus so that I can log on again.

Which leads to factor number two. Since we have been without Internet access at home for so long, Brianne has been taking my laptop to school with her so that she can complete her online classes while there in the evenings. Though the school has computers in the library, they are often taken by the time she gets there. My laptop has spent most of it's evenings with her for the past three weeks.

Factor number three would be that I haven't had time while at work to write much. I am lucky to get through my email every day. I had a lot of catching up to do after Hurricanes Ike and Wedding. Besides (Factor number four) I don't know what to say. I am torn between calling it Writer's Block or Writer's Overload. I can't think of what to tell you all because I have so much I could tell you about. Wedding details (still no pictures to post, though my aunt did send me some via email that I need to sort through so that I can post a few). Mine and Jim's motorcycle trip to the Texas Hill Country (gorgeous, I want to move there). The adventures of Hoss, our lab mix rescue puppy that is very near needing to be rescued from me (a brand new pair of shoes that I loved were the latest target of his attention deficit disorder-- Stein Mart, please another size 8 1/2!). Jim leaving for Montana and his dream elk hunt. Discipline issues with the kids...both grand babies walking...Bri's new job...the enjoyment of driving a convertible during the fall in Texas. I also have news of an upcoming trip with my sister (NYC, here we come!), an upcoming 'Grandmas Gone Wild' weekend with my dear friends and a Thanksgiving trip home (Cousins' Night in Crossett -- I can hardly wait!)

I will try to be a little better disciplined with posting. It feels good just to get this far. I am checking your blogs...but for those of you without a blog, let me know if you are still out there and what is new with you. Love to you all! Fonda

1 comment:

Robin said...

Very Good...Very Good! I knew you had it in you!