Friday, October 3, 2008

What A Week!

Wow! It seems like two weeks have gone by since this time last week!

Last Friday we were busy getting nails done and picking up last minute items for the wedding. We rushed over to the wedding venue for rehearsal and dinner...fajitas, yum! For the next 5 hours we were pretty busy setting the tables for dinner the next night. Dori and I finally pulled Meagan out of there around 11 PM and took her home to finish up seating charts before heading off to bed.

We woke up early on Saturday to head into Alief for our hair appointments and to pick up the wedding dress. I know, that was cutting it close...but Hurricane Ike interrupted her last fitting and we were just happy to get it done before the wedding. It fit perfectly! I will share pictures when I get them. I was without my camera all weekend (just not enough time or energy to take pictures) and my sister, Rosa, is busy with homecoming this week, so I do not have her pictures yet. We stopped by La Madeleine's for lunch after the hair and dress fitting to make sure that the bride at least had one decent meal for the day. We had a blast with Teri, Derrick's mom, who joined us for the day.

After lunch, it was time to head to the venue for last minute touches and getting dressed. The ceremony was beautiful. It was held outdoors under a pergola with her grandfather officiating. The newlyweds truly looked happy together. The reception dinner was delicious...roast beef, sour cream chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. There was a salad, but I never made it that far! After the meal, there was the usual cutting of the cake, bouquet and garter toss...and lots of dancing. The bride and groom held out until the very last song and then left surrounded by bubbles, family and friends.

They met the families for brunch on Sunday morning and then flew off to Las Vegas for a few days of rest and relaxation. I know they both needed it...though I often told Jim that I think we needed it even more than they did. I think the parents of the bride have earned the week away after a wedding!

Monday was 'returns' day...taken up by returning linens, items from the florist and the venue that were mistakenly packed up on Saturday night. Tuesday was football...Wednesday our first 'normal' day...and Thursday and Friday have been close to normal other than the boys being out of school for Fair Days.

Tomorrow we plan to go to the junior livestock auction...and Sunday, church. Hopefully by Monday we will feel like we are back on track...at least until the holidays roll around!

Love you all! Hope you are having an absolutely wonderful weekend with beautiful skies overhead too! Pictures next week? I promise, I am trying!

No comments: