Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ever Thought Of Joining A Book Club?

Well, here is your chance.



Over at the Living Proof Ministry blog, they have posted the first week's assignment and questions for Beth Moore's new book So Long Insecurity: You've Been A Bad Friend To Us. Click here to read Beth's post.

Roll call was Tuesday and I meant to mention it, but never did. If you would like to join the discussion group, click here to join roll call. All you have to do is leave a comment with your name, city & state, age (decade...20's, 30's, 40's etc.), married or single and leave an additional note if this is your first time to participate on their blog. Nearly 6,000 people have already signed up. Wow!

I started reading the book over the weekend and will probably continue to do so ahead of the discussion group. However, since repetition is the best way for me to learn, I have decided to go back over each assignment more slowly and let a little more sink in. I am already filling up my reading journal with quotes.

Can I just tell you that God brought this book into my hands at just the right time and leave it at that for now? I do not think it is any coincidence that my current study of the life of David and this book crossed paths at exactly the same time.

I hope you join me. I need some victory over insecurity...and something tells me I am not the only one.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

You definitely are not the only one! I've never read a Beth Moore book. Can you believe that? I must be the only one left.

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

Thanks for the info! Will definitely check this out!! :)