Friday, February 12, 2010

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

The good news is that even though the skies are gray and overcast this morning, it is not raining!!! Yay!!!!!

The bad news is that when Jim and I woke up this morning, our back yard looked like this.

Our park -like setting now resembles a lake. I checked the map to see if our 5 acres had somehow fallen into the swamps of Louisiana while we slept...but no, we were still in Texas.

The ugly news was that I had to wade through this just to get to my truck this morning.

The even uglier news is that my darling husband has to go home this afternoon and clean out a clogged culvert so that some of this water will hopefully run off.

I offered to do it for him since he had to be at a meeting first thing this morning, but he said something about being afraid I would get sucked up in it! Oh, okay, never mind then!

Chivalry is not dead, ladies!

4 comments:

Robin said...

oh my !!!!!!!!

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

Oh wow! I'm sorry this is what you met first thing in the morning! You have a sweet hubby tho! :-) He doesn't want the evil water to take you!

Brenda said...

oh my is so right!!! Yuk

Anonymous said...

Looks like Arkansas for the past few months. Any fish in your water? It's really bad when you need a boat to get in and out!!!!!

Love ya'll
Aunt Fran