Thursday, December 23, 2010

O Christmas Tree Decorating

On Sunday night, December 12, the kids all showed up for one of our holiday traditions....Christmas Tree Decorating! I am so thankful that they still all want to be home to decorate the tree! It is one more excuse to have them all around at once during the holidays!
Bri, Will and I went and picked out the tree earlier in the afternoon. Then I went home and started a big pot of shrimp and sausage gumbo for dinner. Yum!
After dinner, Jim and Kelli strung the lights.
Then Kelli and Meagan added the ribbon.
Look! I already have a gift under the tree!
Here are pictures of my loved ones hanging their ornaments:

Meagan

Kelli

Brianne

Brian

Will

Davin
Brooke

Maddux

Jim and I hang ours last.
By the time we all take our turns, the tree is FULL! I may have to buy a 9' tall one next year!
While we were busy decorating, we kept finding these two in the candy!
As you can see from Blue's position, it was a long and exhausting night. Once we finished the tree, we all gathered in the sitting room in front of the fire.
We had a nice long visit, with the last child leaving around 1:30 IN THE MORNING. But it was an evening I will always treasure!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

How sweet thanks for this post so nice to have these times and have created so many memories.

Brenda said...

How sweet thanks for this post so nice to have these times and have created so many memories.