Sunday, May 8, 2011

To All The Women I Have Loved Before

Mother's Day...a day to express gratitude to the one who gave me life.  A day to thank her for not killing me during the teen aged years.  A day to appreciate that even today, from 500 miles away, she can tell within three seconds when I am having a bad day.

(Thanks, Mom!  I love you!)

In addition to my own mother, I have been blessed with a thoughtful stepmother and a sweet mother-in-law.  Both have been in my life for decades now, and I have forever been changed by the love and acceptance that they have each poured into my life.

(Special hugs and kisses sent to each of you.)

And of course, on this very special day I cannot help but to recall my Titus 2 grandmothers who taught me how to cook, how to love my family and how to look to God for every need.

(I still miss you both so very much!)

As much as I have learned from those who have gone before me, I have also learned a lot from those who are on this journey along with me. 

My little sister, Rosa, who is the most amazing mom to her three girls.  She loves with all that is within her.  I want to be like her when I "grow up"!  And my sister-in-love, Sharon, who truly knows how to make a house a home...always welcoming and comfortable.  Surrounded by men in her household, she is the absolute best "girl's weekend" partner around!

And while I consider the special mom's in my life, I have to brag a little on our two daughters who make mothering preschoolers look so easy.  I am so proud of them! 

Finally, as I think about all the women who have been instrumental in molding me into the wife and mother I have become,  I think of my aunts.  They have invested so much into my life and into the lives of my family, I doubt they even realize how much they have taught by example. 

I guess my point today is that I have realized just how blessed I am to have so many special women in my life.  Only one carried me in her womb...but each one has made an impact on the woman I have become. 

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of family!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Amen you have been in the dwellings of several wonderful mother's who have shared,taught and love. Many blessings in your life. Thank you June.

Happy Mother's Day

Anonymous said...

Yes, you did have all different kinds of wonderful women in your life that taught you many different things. You would've thought that you would grow up to be Martha Stewart, Maya Angelou, and Beth Moore all rolled up into one wonderful person.

Rita