Sunday, June 19, 2011

Potholes And Pancakes

Sunday Morning, May 22

Upon leaving our Blyde River Canyon cabin on Sunday morning, we made our way to the Bourke's Luck Potholes.  This is located where the Treur (Mourning) and Blyde (Happy) Rivers join.
Treur River
 It was a beautiful morning and the spot of gorgeous views.  The whole point of coming here is to see the natural 'potholes' created in the rocks where the rivers meet.  This was my best picture, but you can click over here to see even more.

Bourke's Luck Potholes

 Cool, huh?

And here is My Hero, standing at the edge of the cliff just taking in the views. 
The Love Of My Life enjoying the view

 Tino snapped this picture of Jim and I on the bridge with the potholes to our left.    Again, all we could do was stand in awe of God's great creation
Jim and I at Bourke's Luck Potholes

 Next we headed to the Berlyn Waterfall.
The Gorgeous Berlyn Waterfall


B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!  Too be honest with you, it was more than I could take in.  We had just been so overwhelmed with the sights and beauty around us that it was hard to take in all in.

So, Tino and Amanda treated us to some South African pancakes at Harrie's Pancakes in Graskop.  Oh my goodness!   Unlike any pancake I have ever had before.  I can only describe it as a cross between a pancake and a burrito.  See for yourself here. Jim had a savory pancake filled with bacon and cheeses.  I went with a sweet pancake filled with bananas, caramel and cream.  Yum!  Actually, the pancakes are so large that we split them in half so that we each had a savory and a sweet. 

While in Graskop, we did the most of our souvenir shopping.  Fun, fun!!  Tino also loaded us up with biltong from Biltong Hut for our drive through Kruger.  I have to learn how to  make biltong...jerky, only better!

Only two posts left from our trip...Kruger National Park and Tangala!  It will be sad to see the story telling come to an end too.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Beautiful what a blessing being in such places celebrating 30 TH.