Monday, September 10, 2012

Honestly

After my morning Bible reading this morning (I'll admit I've grown lazy in this discipline), I picked up the 'Made To Crave: Devotional' by Lysa TerKeurst.  This is what I copied from Day 13 to carry with me today.

"Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress."  1 Timothy 4:15

"I think we all get to a place sometimes where we have to honestly assess, 'How am I doing?'...I know certain things about myself need to change, but it's easier to make excuses than tackle them head on...Idolatry is trying to get my needs met outside the will of God."

I'm not sure if that little excerpt conveys the full extent of my struggle today, but would you please pray?  With me and for me.

Thanks!

I love you guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to read my Bible daily but I'm failing at the moment. I'm not giving up though. I will read my Bible daily eventually.

Rita