Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday: Surprised

It has been nearly a month since I checked in for Weight Loss Wednesday.  It is sad how easily I am distracted from my goals!

Just this morning I was flipping through my index card notes from early 2012 when I came across my list of goals for this year.  Needless to say, I was quite deflated when I realized how few I had even attempted.

So, here I am, ready to chip away at this goal again.  I stepped on the scale last Wednesday morning to find myself .4 up from my last post.  I succumbed to the defeat and gave up trying.  But by Monday morning, I knew that it was time to accept the gift of a new week and begin from there.  I began by tracking every bite again.  This morning the scale read 2.2 pounds lighter than last Wednesday!  I was so surprised.  I have 2.2 pounds left to be back at my 'before steriods' weight.  "Come on, Fonda!  You've got this!"

I know I need to add the exercise back into my daily schedule...but for right now, I just want to celebrate the baby steps.


FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

"Be brave enough to accept negative feedback as a possible call to action, but not a definition of your identity.  And while you enjoy the positive feedback, refuse to get bloated by it."
                                                                       Lysa TerKeurst
                                                                       Made to Crave: Day 15

3 comments:

Brenda said...

You can do IT girl!. I was admiring how wonderful you looked last Sunday.. Woohoo that's great 2.2 is alot!

Keep celebrating.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to try not to weigh yourself every week. Just go with how your clothes feel. I've read somewhere, who knows where, that you shouldn't weigh yourself all the time because when the scales show that you may have increased most people get depressed and give up when actually if they keep plugging away they will lose the weight. They don't account for muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat. Just a suggestion. Maybe weigh yourself once a month.

Rita

Brenda said...

Rita's got something Fonda just early this was laughing with dear one about scales. Told her I weighed summer and fall when I see a dr or Spring break and fall. Pick your Wednesday the scale won't go anywhere.

I have seen people get deflated about those number try so hard.
Now when I want to jump the scale will but others here are weekly.