Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Diving off the deep end

I have been debating this decision for quite some time and finally decided to just go ahead and dive in.

We launched the family website a few months back in an effort to communicate with all our family and friends who lived so far away. Little did I know at the time that we were also on the verge of a move...not so far away, but far enough that keeping up with the friends we have made over the past 19 years will be a challenge.

I remember the time (notice it is not a plural word) years ago when I allowed peer pressure to prompt me to jump from the diving board at church camp. I couldn't have been more than 11 or 12 years old at the time...and was deathly afraid of water. Yet I began to climb that ladder like I did not have a care in the world. Did I tell you that I am also afraid of heights? Those last few steps took all the courage I could muster as my knees begin to quiver. And the walk to the end of the board was taken strictly by faith. Well, I jumped and the feeling was awesome...until I hit the water, lost my breath and couldn't find the surface of the pool. I don't think anyone realized that I was drowning...and I am convinced to this day that only the Lord Himself helped me find the side of that pool and climb out.

It is one of my most vivid childhood memories. I mention it today, because it comes closest to the feelings I am experiencing right now as I type these words and wonder if I will have the courage to hit the post button. There are so many talented women who blog and their gift of encouragement is phenomenal. I have to keep reminding myself that this is for me and for my family and friends. I want to be able to communicate our world to those of you who are so very dear to us without driving Albert up the walls with daily postings. Not that I am promising daily postings...but I will try to make it at least once a week.

And if worse comes to worst, I will come back here, hit delete blog and life will go on. After all, if Jesus can help me face my fears and find the side of a pool...He can certainly help me face these fears and find my way out of web-land too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I think its awesome you have a blog to keep up with your long time friends. I don't even know how to "blog". I will miss you so much. But I really felt the Lord leading me to show you homes in the country and I am so happy for you guys. I love you and really hope to see you all soon. And now we can blog! Have a great weekend. viv

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog it braught a tear to my eyes. I'm so amazed at how busy your life is but yet you still find the time to keep in touch with your family and friends. I admire that about you. I love you!
Ryan

Anonymous said...

I think you will be a great blogger. I have always enjoyed your writings when you send emails. I was wondering how we would keep in contact with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,I wasn't expecting this blog site how exciting, wow I am so touch. I know the Lord was holding your hand the whole time and His grip is still firm... Well you certainly will be good at this blogging thanks we needed communication. Fonda I appreciate how you keep everyone updated family and life. Well girl I miss you and love you guys hope to see everyone soon. Give my hugs and love to #19. Goodluck this weekend!
B