Friday, October 19, 2007

Name That Goat

Bri's new beau sent her a gift that can only be fully appreciated when you live in a rural area. Meet 'Belle', a black pigmy goat.


She was given to the beau's father...who happens to run a feed store. Belle's previous family was moving and could not take her along. Now, lest you think this is an odd gift to give to the girl you just started dating (I know you are thinking that right now!) it really stole her heart. You see, Bri has been asking for a goat since we first announced we were buying property. She talked her dad into agreeing to a fainting goat for her birthday. She did all the research and then decided that although the fainting variety were hilarious to watch on video, she would rather have a smaller breed. Long story short...we now have 'Belle'.

Notice that I keep typing 'Belle' with single quotations around the name. That is because we do not call her 'Belle', we call her Goat. If I am feeling sorry for her, I call her Missy Goat. (I hope she doesn't turn out like Grandma J's Missy Coon...that thing would eat you alive!) There are two reasons that we don't call her by her given name. First, I have a friend who has a goat named 'Belle' and it just seems like cheating when you only know two goats and they both have the same name. Secondly, she just doesn't look like a 'Belle'!

I think it would be fun to see what you would name her. So, take another look at her picture and post a name suggestion in the comments section. Let's see who can NAME THAT GOAT!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

In keeping with the season, and the terms of endearment often exchanged between significant others, how about you call her Punkin' (Pumpkin, but southernized).

Anonymous said...

Miss Daisy

August said...

/lol

When I first saw the photo I thought it was a stuffed goat!

I like the name "Lilly, The Goat"!

Anonymous said...

I like Betty Lou... sounds country right?

Jesse on the other hand likes Goat.

Anonymous said...

How about Lovey?????

Anonymous said...

CJ suggests Twilight.

Fonda said...

August...you did not!!! A stuffed GOAT! You have me rolling over here.

Brenda said...

I couldn't believe how small August is right Fonda.

Tiny, Tea Cup or Thimble come to mind.

Anonymous said...

Has Bri chosen a name for the goat yet?? Let everyone know when she does.