Monday, October 15, 2007

Game Called on Account of Rain

The Bulldogs were scheduled to play the Panthers this afternoon. It was one of two Monday night games for the season. As Jim and I were trying to navigate the Beltway in the middle of a monsoon, we received a call that the game had been cancelled. Jim had scheduled a meeting with a client since we were going to be "in the neighborhood", so we made the trip in the driving rain, while #19 was sitting at home, all nice and dry watching a movie. His only comment when we got home..."Mom, I need a cell phone. I was trying to find a phone for 10 minutes!" Kids!!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I thought of you so much last night watching the w./alerts Fonda wondering what was happening with all.

Fonda said...

Girl, it was a mess to drive in. Unfortunately, we were trapped on I45 when it got really bad and the first chance to turn toward home was also the intersection where Jim was to meet with the client...so I sat in the suburban with thunder crashing and few bolts of lightning that made me jump! Thankfully, we made it home in one piece. There were tons of accidents every where we looked.

Brenda said...

What's for dinner tonight Fonda any thoughts for me? We had chicken and dumplings, sausage and spagetti so far this week.

Yes the lightning was horrible I jumped and inhaled I was in the house by a window the sky just light up. So glad you made home safely you were in my thoughts friend.
love you
b