Sunday, December 9, 2007

All I Want for Christmas

Is it just me or are any of you having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year? I really think that someone has snuck up on all of us and removed about three months worth of calendar pages. In these parts we are joking about having Christmas in July...not just because we are unprepared (though I certainly am) but also because of this unbelievably warm weather. It is currently 8 pm and the local thermometer reads 70 degrees! Today's high was around 80!

I went shopping with friends last night. The mall was packed with shoppers and every parking space was taken. All the store displays were decorated with trees, ornaments and other Christmas related items. Songs about Santa and snow and reindeer could be heard in every store. But really, who wants to shop for sweaters and coats when you are sweating buckets while you shop. I know I have to get busy and SOON...but what I really want for Christmas is a little bit of jacket wearing weather so that I can at least get motivated to shop!

No comments: