Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday Morning Live

It is Saturday morning and the house is quiet. The only sounds that can be heard are the gurgling of the coffee pot and the water running in the washer's rinse cycle. Even the pets are still sleeping. So, why am I up? Why, on a Saturday morning, can I not even sleep until daylight? Why, on the day we do not have to be at the office, am I wide awake and sitting at the computer? Why can't I feel this energetic and ready for the day on a Monday -- or any other day of the work week for that matter?

The sunrise here in Texas is gorgeous this morning. The sky is turning the most beautiful shade of blue. I haven't been outside yet, but I can sense the crispness in the air as I look out over the front yard. I enjoy sitting in the stillness of my home...and with three teenagers in the house, it is only still in the wee hours of the morning.

The sun has just peeked over the treeline, the rinse cycle is coming to an end and I hear Allie's collar as she climbs out of bed. It is going to be another beautiful day here at the 'homestead'! I hope your day is filled with beauty and joy as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have been thinking about Grandmaw and Grandpaw Fulton lately. It can be something that someone said to my neighbor bringing over handmade Martha Washington balls. Remember the Christmas that we(me,you,mom and Grandmaw) decided to make all of that candy one Christmas? We made candy for weeks. I was never so sick of candy in my life. HA!HA! It is so hard to believe that Grandpaw has been gone for over 20 years. Mom and I were just talking about how proud he would have been of her for going to college to work in the agricultural field and for Aunt June going to nursing school. For someone that didn't have much of a formal education he would have been busting at the seams that 2 of his daughters went to college.

Rita