Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Christmas Reminder

Since moving out of the city, my music tastes have changed a little. I still enjoy listening to KSBJ, but they have been in Christmas mode since Thanksgiving...and I just can't go that long with all Christmas music, all the time. So, I have been getting back to my 'roots' and listening to some country music. The soundtrack of my young years was heavily influenced by Conway Twitty, George Jones, Charlie Pride, Freddy Fender and Patsy Cline with a little bit of Creedence Clearwater Revival and Elvis thrown in to insure I understood my Southern heritage.

Anyway, I was driving in to work yesterday morning and I heard Clay Walker's song "Fall". If you haven't heard it or can't recall it, the chorus is as follows:

So fall, go on and fall apart,
And fall into these arms of mine, I'll catch you
Everytime you fall, go on and lose it all
Every doubt, every fear, every worry, every tear,
I'm right here, baby fall

As I listened to the chorus the second time through, I couldn't help but think of the truth in the words. No disrespect to the songwriters or to Mr. Walker, I know that we all wish we could live out the words of this song in our most intimate of relationships. I certainly appreciate the romantic ideal of always being there for Jim when he needs me and I know that he feels the same way...but sometimes, we just can't be there for every doubt, fear, worry and tear. Sometimes the things that affect him are also affecting me, like situations in our family or at work. Sometimes they are actually caused by me so there is no way I can be there for him, I am the reason for the need to fall apart!

There is only One who has always been there with me. Only One has caught me everytime I fell. Only One who can comfort my every doubt, every fear, every worry and every tear. He is always right where I am and ready to catch me when I fall. Thank You Lord Jesus! May my heart remember during the hustle and bustle of this Christmas season that You are the One that we celebrate.

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

2 comments:

yoongihee said...

hey fonda!
would you have some time after the holiday craziness? i'm in houston until january 10th.

Brenda said...

hey girl,
i have heard it, yea true.