Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It Was the Quickest Christmas on Record

Would you believe that my home is completely Christmas decoration free? Already??? I have to admit that there were not that many to begin with. As a matter of fact, even though we brought the tree home the week after Thanksgiving, the ornaments did not make it from Alief until the Friday before Christmas. We did not get them onto the tree until Sunday...so basically we had a decorated tree for two and a half days.

We didn't plan to have such a short Christmas. We usually leave the decorations out until after the first of the year (one year I think it was almost Valentine's)...but this year's tree seemed to go from green to fire hazard in about 24 hours!

The house seems a little empty tonight without the big tree in the dining room. The only remnants of Christmas (other than all the leftovers) are the poinsettias setting on the mantle. In a way, it feels like I am ahead of the curve for once. In another, it seems that I have just rushed past the 'hap-happiest season of all". So, my question to you is 'when do you usually take down your decorations'?

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all year long. Dickens wrote this and I do feel like that now is a beautiful time of the year. All the spirit of Christmas bright lights decorations, carols and hearts so ready for season. I haven't turned my Star off since Art hung it on the house it can only go out once a year.
I am not ready to take down but this year we didn't get all the boxes of decorations out and there won't be a lot to repack.
Well hugs and love to all