Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cowboys, Country Music, Cattle And Carnival Rides

Brianne, Alison, Randa and I had a wonderful time at the rodeo last night. The cowboys put on one heck of a show and then Jason Aldean put on another.

I wanted to share a few pictures from our adventure. (I forgot my camera, so I had to settle with taking them on my iPhone.)

As soon as the rodeo and concert were over, we headed out to the livestock show to find what Bri had been waiting on all day:


For some reason, my girls LOVE the huge turkey legs at rodeo. That is the first thing they go searching for every year! After grabbing turkey legs for her and Randa, we headed into Reliant Center to check out the livestock.
This little one looked like it had just been born. So sweet! After looking at the cattle and the sheep, Brianne wanted to walk through the petting zoo. They even had two wallabies! Not sure when they became livestock, but they were adorable.

After scraping the droppings from the bottom of our boots, we headed out to the carnival.
(Oh, but on the way out we picked up a chocolate dipped cupcake from a booth in the Reliant Center...delicious! We all four declared it our favorite carnival food of the night. If you get by the Reliant Center, look them up. It taste like a truffle!)
Bri and Randa decided to try out the carnival rides. Here they are on the Tango (they are the last two). This thing scared me just watching it. Evidently, it scared Bri riding it because you could hear her screaming through the whole thing!

After riding Disk-O, Tango, a roller coaster, G Force and the swings...we decided that maybe it was time to head home. But first we stopped to pick up a corn dog and some string fries.

After a LONG walk back to the truck, we headed home...9 1/2 hours after we left!

It was an amazing day. I am looking forward to next Monday when I get to do it all over again with all three girls. We are seeing Lady Antebellum!

Can you tell that I am enjoying rodeo season this year?

7 comments:

Robin said...

I can really tell you had a good time...so glad!

Fonda said...

Yeah, we had agreat time. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I heard on the news this morning that a bull escaped at the Houston Rodeo. He escaped in the employees parking lot. Only a couple of employees had minor injuries. Can you believe the cops tried to taser a bull??? Funny!!!

Fonda said...

Oh my goodness, I just looked it up! I am so glad I didn't run into a bull. The article I read said that the police tried to tazer it, but it only made it angrier.

But I chuckled at the guy who said, "until the REAL cowboys came out" and caught him. Evidently the urban cowboys didn't know what to do with the non-mechanical kind of bull!

Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt. Just a few bruises.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that funny!?!?! Tazering a bull. The news channel I was watching said that was like killing an alligator with a fly swatter. HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, good thing Texas has "real" cowboys.

Rita

August said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Stacy said...

I am enjoying rodeo season this year as well - glad to hear that you didn't encounter the bull - Albert and I were wondering about that! Like the new blog look!!!