Saturday, March 6, 2010

Last Week In The Life Of Goode

What a week we have had! It didn't seem like a lot, but as I think back over really was. And it was all good.

So, if you want to know what has been going on with us lately, keep reading.

Last weekend we spent the majority of our time building fences. Yes, fences! In a few weeks, Miss January, Miss March and Sirloin will be making the move to our house. We had hoped to have them home by the end of last month...but we have had so much rain in January and February that there was no hope of setting fence posts. We have the front area complete, the stretch along the driveway has posts and we have marked out the back...and then, it rained all day Monday and part of hopefully, we can get it finished this weekend.

Monday was pretty normal with work and picking Will up from tennis practice. He called to say he would be 30 minutes late, so I took the opportunity to run through the grocery store for a few things. The grocery store is never one of my favorite places, but especially the one here in Waller. Let's just say, don't buy anything without checking the expiration date first...and you probably need to eat it immediately or it may not be good by the time you get back to it.

Tuesday night Brian came over and spent the night. He was working here in Waller and decided to come by for a home cooked meal. Unfortunately, it was 'clean out the refrigerator' night. Oh, well, it was all home cooked at one point! He and Will spent most of the night playing video games and then he and Jim stayed up late talking business. It was good to have him home for the night.

Wednesday I had a late morning text message inviting me to lunch. Kelli and Brooke came by the office and took me to Panera Bread. It was a really nice surprise for the middle of my week. I got all kinds of hugs and kisses from my granddaughter and Kelli and I had a nice visit as we discussed our Bible studies and where we see the Lord at work in our lives.

As you already know, Thursday was an unexpected rodeo night for me and Meagan. We had a wonderful time. Dinner under the tent from Pappa's BarBQ, a little shopping, rodeo and Kenny. What a night!

Friday we had a pretty laid back evening. Will had been playing at a tennis tournament all day, so he was pretty beat by the time I picked him up. I came home and started dinner while Jim and Will were working on our sewer. (Yuck! Don't ask!) They watched Discovery's "Dirtiest Jobs" while I finished up. (Very appropriate, wouldn't you say?) Will was out by the time dinner was finished. I couldn't wake him for anything.

Bri and I will be heading out for the rodeo in a few hours. Jason Aldean today!

I didn't plan it that way, but as I look back over the week, I was able to spend some one on one time with each of the kids this week. That is a special treat at any time...but especially now that three of them have left home.

It makes me wonder what next week will hold.


Robin said...

I like your week in review's amazing how much stuff goes on that you don't know with a phone call, a text or an email...Oh...and glad those shoes worked out for you... :)

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize about the sewer. Six months after we moved in we started having sewer problems. It lasted for about 2 years and we still have a flair up every now and then. We installed 2 clean out valves so Allen wouldn't have to dig up the sewer anymore.

Glad you got to spend one on one time with the kids. That is a wonderful thing to do. And not an easy task to do with 5 kids going in 5 different directions. I can't even do it with 2.

Love ya,