Monday, July 12, 2010

A Summer Blog Challenge

It is summertime. A time to slow down and smell the roses...or the tomatoes...or the ocean spray...or whatever it is that says "SUMMER" to you.

I have noticed that we, as a blog family, have slowed down on our postings. And, to be totally honest...I miss you! I miss hearing what your family is doing. Or what is growing in your flower bed. Or what new project you are working on in your home. Or where your travels are taking you...even if it is just down the street to Target where you found a great deal on shampoo!

I admit I have slowed way down on my postings too. The only reason you have heard so much from me these past two weeks is because I have been MIA for most of the summer myself.

As I was driving in to work last week I got an idea. (Scary, I know.) What if I challenged myself (and you, if your willing to play along) to write about a topic each week from now until school starts? If you decide to share in the challenge, just post on your blog and come back here to share in the comments that you have done so. That way we can all catch up with each other as we post.

You can participate as much or as little as you like. Some of you may want to write a post. Others may want to make a list or simply post a picture (with or without a caption) that touches on our topic for the week.

Our first topic...WHAT SAYS "SUMMER" TO YOU?

Share a favorite memory...or a picture (past or present)...or whatever you like. I just want to hear from you!

3 comments:

August said...

This is a good time as any for me to get back to blogging. Maybe joining you for the "Summer Blog Challenge" will actually motivate me to post. So, you're on!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great idea! I will have to try it. I have definitely slowed down. I tried to start blogging again but your comment was make one posting a week until school starts... well for me school never ended!! I am in summer school full time and barely have time to sleep :( I do still read everyone's postings just haven't had time, or the energy, to sit down and write my own.

Fonda said...

My summer blog challenge post is here: http://ingoodetime.blogspot.com/2010/07/h-h-o.html

August's post is here: http://august-justanotherblogger.blogspot.com/2010/07/summer-blog-challenge.html

Robin commented here: http://robin-harris.blogspot.com/2010/07/on-road-again.html

Kelli's is here: http://klham.blogspot.com/2010/07/summer-challenge.html

And Brenda's is here: http://bjoykenney.blogspot.com/2010_07_14_archive.html#5706453505321568666

Tammy...I understand your dilemma. School never lets up for you...but we would still love to hear from you if you get the time. We miss hearing from you.

New blog challenge for next week will be up tomorrow!