Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Live Blogging The CMA's

Our family has eclectic tastes in music. But for the four of us still living at home, Country music is the hands down favorite. So, tonight we are sitting on the couches, eating sandwiches and watching the CMA's.

Of course, we can't help but comment on our choices...so I thought I would share the night with you too.

Now, we may have missed something since Jim was watching a movie that overlapped the beginning of the show...but these are the awards we saw, our opinions and the outcomes.

Single of the Year:
My vote - Need You Now
Bri's vote - The House That Built Me
And the winner is - Need You Now

Song Of The Year:
My vote - Need You Now
Bri's vote - The House That Built Me
Will's vote - Toes
And the winner is - The House That Built Me

New Artist of the Year:
My vote - Zac Brown Band
(No one else got their choices in before the award was announced...therefore, I took the remote away from Brianne)
And the winner is - Zac Brown Band

Vocal Group of the Year:
My vote - Lady Antebellum
Bri's vote - Lady Antebellum
Will's vote - Lady Antebellum
And the winner is - Lady Antebellum (No, duh!)

Album of the Year:
My vote - Lady Antebellum Need You Now
Bri's vote - Lady Antebellum Need You Now
Will's vote - Carrie Underwood Play On
Jim's vote - Miranda Lambert Revolution
And the winner is - Miranda Lambert Revolution

Vocal Duo of the Year:
My vote - Montgomery Gentry
Bri's vote - Sugarland
And the winner is - Sugarland

Male Vocalist of the Year:
My vote - George Strait
Bri's vote - Keith Urban
Jim's vote - Brad Paisley
(we all wanted to choose Blake...but just didn't know if he could pull it off against the Big Dogs)
And the winner is - Blake Shelton (and he did!)

Female Vocalist of the Year:
My vote - Miranda Lambert
Bri's vote - Miranda Lambert
Jim's vote - anybody but Reba
And the winner is - Miranda Lambert

Entertainer of the Year:
My vote - Lady Antebellum
Bri's vote - Lady Antebellum or Miranda Lambert
Jim's vote - Brad Paisley
And the winner is - Brad Paisley

It looks like Bri knows her Country music better than any of us. Many of the ones she missed was because she chose the mainstream over her favorites.

Thanks for joining us for the 2010 CMA's. We had fun...but we were missing some of our favorites. Craig Morgan (Jim's). Rodney Adkins (Mine). But we really enjoyed the performances of Dierks Bentley, Kenny Chesney, Sugarland...and my personal favorite of the night, Reba. Who wouldn't like Reba singing Beyonce? Amazing!

Goodnight, y'all!

No comments: