Monday, November 8, 2010

Time Keeps On Slippin', Slippin', Slippin'...

Oh, my! Oh, my! Where have the past two weeks gone? I have so much to share but no time to sit down and share it. That just isn't a good sign for the upcoming holidays when everything gets kicked into fast forward!

Since my last post about the Chicago trip, we have:
1. Watched Will play the Spartans...the Bulldogs lost by a field goal with 30 seconds left on the clock!

2. Celebrated Brooke's 3rd birthday with a sleepover on Friday and her party on Saturday.

3. Spent Halloween putting up a deer (Thanks, Dad!)and a hog (Thanks, Josh). We will be enjoying chili and Italian Sausage for at least the next few months!

4. Went out that night in search of oysters-on-the-half-shell after having a craving "flung" on me by Josh's sister, Chelsea. (Found them at Pappadeaux's! Yumm!)

5. Helped a friend move boxes and begin set-up for Sugar Plum Market.

6. Voted in the General Election!

7. Had lunch with a dear friend that I haven't seen in two years and is heading back to school soon. (Thanks, Gihee!)

8. Watched the last JV Maroon football game of the season where the Bulldogs beat up on the Mustangs. (After two false starts, Will settled in on the offensive line and had a great game.)

9. Experienced several days of GREAT fall weather! (Thank you, Lord!)

10. Drove up to Bryan/College Station to have lunch with another dear friend who has walked this parenting path with me for years. Now we get to learn the "adult children" phase together. (Thanks, Lea Ann!)

11. Dropped by to see my son while I was there and had a great visit with him and his roommates.

12. Worked Sugar Plum Market with Robin on Friday night and Saturday.

13. Set up a new office at work for our newest employee, who will be arriving next Monday.

14. Went to the Urgent Care with Kelli and Maddux after Maddux had an accident at our house on Sunday afternoon. It was only nursemaid's elbow...but it was hard to see Mad Dog crying from the pain.

15. Had dinner (planned, prepared and served by Brianne) with family and friends.

16. Enjoyed some time with company and "Chat Pack" answering interesting questions.

And now...

I have a full week in front of me this week too. I will try to at least post pictures from Will's last game and Brooke's birthday party before the week is up.

Thanks for being patient with me these past two weeks. I can't say the rest of November will be a whole lot better...but I will try.

And by the way, now I can't get that Steve Miller Band song out of my head! Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future...I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea, fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me...See! Now you can't either!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally feel ya! My camera is full of pics that need to be posted! Now that song is going to be in my head!

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

omg, you just gave me that last song sydrome going. lol! :)

Stacy said...

wow - you have been busy! :)

just think - 15 more days until Thanksgiving - and then - ha - Christmas!

At least 2010 is almost over! Hoping 2011 will be amazing!