Wednesday, June 19, 2013

First The Good News

I had Panda Express for lunch today.  (And yes, I know it is not the best Chinese food in the world...but it is the closest to work, so get over it already!)  To my surprise there were two fortune cookies in the bag.

The first one read:
"YOU WILL STEP ON THE SOIL OF MANY COUNTRIES"
I like that one!  Y'all just tell me when we are leaving and I will pack my bags!

The Lord has given me a bit of wanderlust in my middle years.  "An ache for distant places" or "crave for travel"...however you want to use the word, I'm ready!

I should have stopped right there.  But, no.  I had to open the other one too.
"BE CAREFUL IN WHOM YOU SHARE YOUR CONFIDENCE"
While I understand the wisdom in those words, is my fortune cookie trying to warn me of something?  I'm not sure I like this one so much.

Of course, my last fortune cookie did not contain a fortune at all...but somehow I am still here...so, we will just take them for what they are.  A little bit of fun contemplation for the witching three o'clock slump at my desk.

No comments: