Monday, July 15, 2013

Key West: Under the (Cuban) Influence

Okay, so I was looking in my 'Draft' folder for some Flashback Friday posts when I found several that never made it up from our Grandma's Gone Wild trip to Key West. Since months have passed since then and I can't remember all the details...I'll keep it short and sweet.
Momma hen with her baby chick in the square

On our second day in Key West, we had lunch in an old cigar warehouse that has been turned into a neat Cuban restaurant.  El Meson de Pepe...check it out.

Doesn't this look like a fun place to visit?

I was told that this was the most photographed sign in the whole place.  Anyone wanna join me?



Checking out the menu...and I will say the food was terrific!

Daddy Rooster was waiting for us when we walked outside.

They still hand roll cigars in the gift shop area.  I picked up a box for Jim.
After lunch we walked through the shops at Mallory Square.
The Old Man and The Sea

Cool little gift shop

Palm trees along the beach
Key West has its own vibe...and I think everyone should visit at least once.  I will try to get the rest of the pictures up one day, even if the commentary is short.  Let's just say "What happens in Key West, stays in Key West!"

No comments: