Friday, March 13, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside

...and wet too!

Jim and I are both at home today. Tomorrow afternoon we are expecting about 60 people for our Fourth Annual Crawfish Boil and we have a lot of work to do.

For the first time since beginning this event, we are expecting rain and cold temperatures.

Thankfully we knew about the rain in plenty of time to order a 30' X 40' tent...so at least we will be dry. Maybe not warm, but certainly dry!

Unfortunately, we have some outdoor chores that remain on the list and the rain just isn't letting up any. I can handle rain and I can handle cold...but I am not real keen on being wet and cold at the same time.

I know that the farmers in these parts have been praying for the rain...so we will try to be thankful as we brave the weather and prepare for our guests.

Hope you are all warm and dry today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the rain as long as it's warm but I can't handle the cold no matter if it's raining or not. You can always rent one of those big heaters that look like giant bazookas(sp?). We used to have them for Paige's soccer team because they always played during the winter months. I don't know what they rent for because Allen's job always supplied them for us.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Rita

Robin said...

Have fun and stay dry and warm....those heaters are a good idea.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope we can manage to get to one of your annual crawfish boils! We've sure had our share of cold weather up here in Spokane. It's 33° outside as I type this, and it was 24° this morning when I got up!

On the other hand, I get to go to Florida for some training next week!