Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Idol Thoughts

Loved:
Anoop
Kris
Matt

Liked:
Lil
Danny (he is still my favorite though)
Micheal
Allison
and in a weird way, Adam

Anoop really surprised me, as you know he is not in my top 5...but I think his was the best performance tonight. Kris came in a close second to me...and Matt did well, even though I would have picked something a little different for him. (Jim and I were thinking maybe a little George Jones.)

Lil may not have killed it tonight, but she did stay true to the Grand Ole Opry theme and I admired that. Danny was a little shaky on his verse, but pulled it out in the chorus. I thought that Micheal was true to his Texas roots, but it didn't show off his voice enough for me. (It was a song that was fun to watch being performed though.) Allison is just incredible to be soooo young. And Adam, well, I never thought I would hear a Johnny Cash song performed like that but somehow it suited him. (Though we did feel it was a little bit disrespectful to the theme of the night -- I'm just saying!)

So, it appears that I am the only one of us watching American Idol...but I will carry on this conversation with myself anyway!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I'm watching...just can't remember everyones name...I liked the young married guy and the last guy on the piano (not the blind one)

Stacy said...

I guess I never knew how much you liked Idol!

I love Dancing with the Stars - myself!

Fonda said...

Robin, the last guy on the piano was Matt Girard and he is Jim's favorite. The young married guy, I am not sure of...probably either Kris or Micheal. (Kris is from Arkansas and Micheal is from Jasper, TX) Thanks for sharing your faves with me!

Stacy, sorry, I just can't get into Dancing With the Stars. I don't know why.