Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Friday Well Spent

I spent yesterday watching a number 1 seeded tennis player on the court and he even recognized me!
I actually had the privilege to watch two number 1 seeds play in a Mixed Doubles tournament.
That is Number One Son, Brian, and his girlfriend, Jessica, playing at a tournament in Montgomery yesterday. (I am so jealous of their tans!)

This was their first match of the day and the only one played near enough to the tall bleachers that I could snap a few photos above the chain link fence. He has a pretty powerful serve and an even better return when he is on top of the net. There were a few slams that reminded me of his basketball playing days when he would stuff a block back in a guy's face.
A quick water break and strategy planning.

This is one of the few pictures I have of him in action and actually facing me. I had more of Jessica than of him. I think it is because I can't watch the match and take pictures at the same time!
She has a pretty strong serve too.
After it was all said and done, they lost two out of their three matches. His face says it all!

I am glad I was able to share in the memories...even if it took me until the third match to remember the rules the of the game!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Very cool! It is cute that they can do that together!