Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just Another Day

I am sitting here in Jim's chair watching Armageddon for like the three hundredth time. What is it about this movie that sucks me in EVERY TIME? This one, Forrest Gump, Mummy (1 or 2), Apollo 13, Princess Bride, Sweet Home Alabama...they get me over and over again.

Jim is out dove hunting this evening. It is opening day here in our area. He and our partner were invited to go out to one of our new customer's places...and found out his son plays football with Will.

This afternoon he and I drove across Houston to visit a friend whose wife had a little boy yesterday. Then we had to rush back across town to pick up our 'little boy' from football practice. I told them to enjoy the years that lie ahead...because it seems like just last week that Will was born and we were bringing him home from the hospital.

Tonight we will have a quiet time here at home because tomorrow night we have another ball game for Will. I don't know why they moved it from Thursday...maybe it has something to do with the Labor Day holiday. The only bad thing is that it will be a good hour and a half away. :-( The good thing is that I may actually be able to talk Jim into eating out after the game!

What did you do today?

No comments: