Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

From a 'Reading Wrap-up' to a 'Weekend Wrap-Up'.  I only have a couple of moments, so that is as good as it gets today!  But, I really need to get more creative with these blog post titles! 

Thursday night we attended William's last home game of the season.  The Waller JV Bulldogs took on the Stratford Spartans at the 'Big Field', as is tradition for the last home game.  We are down to one JV team now, so the games begin at 5 instead of 6:30...but we were able to make it before the first quarter was over.  We had rain Thursday afternoon, so that really slowed down my commute.  But it made for some fabulous football weather!!!  The cold front started moving through at about halftime.  The Waller Bulldogs pulled off a great win of 21-14.  Will had a teriffic game with his name called over the loud speakers a few times AND he was captain for the defense.  (He played both sides of the ball.)  The good thing about havin only one JV team is that we always finish early enough to go out for dinner after the game!  Celito Lindo is our restaurant of choice...so Meagan, Davin and I went over and got a table while Jim picked up Will from the field house and Derrick joined us when he got off of work.  It was a great Thursday night.  This week will be our last JV game and it makes me a little sad...but excited for Varsity next year too!

Friday was a rough day for me.  I just wasn't feeling up to par, so I stayed home from work and took it easy.  I finished reading a book and watched some television...and that was about it for me.  Will had Maroon Man Friday night, so he was out.  Brianne and Josh hung out with me for part of the day.  I finally got to feeling a little better once Jim got home from work.  He and Josh headed to the deer stand and got footage of the world's smallest six-point.  Brian came in from visiting with friends.  Afterwards we grilled some steaks and watched a movie.  I picked Will up after the football game and that completed our Friday!

Saturday was filled with more football, rescue teams and Miss Brooke's 4th birthday party!!!  Our beloved Razorbacks managed to eeek out a win over the Vanderbilt Commodores.  It was a nail biter to be sure...but I had a feeling all year that Vanderbilt was going to give us quite a ride.  Bri and I left for Kelli & Matt's a little early so that she could stop and pick up a gift for Brooke.  We didn't get very far before I ran over a piece of sheet metal that sliced my tire.   We limped into a gas station and waited on our rescue crew.  First to arrive was Josh, Will and Jesse.  It took awhile for us to find all the parts to change a tire...they can really hide a jack anywhere these days.  (mine is located in the framework of the back seat!!)  Soon after Jim and Brian arrived, handing me his keys so that we could get on to the store.  As we were pulling out I told Bri that we really should have taken a picture.  Five strapping gentlemen to rescue two damsels in distress!  How lucky we were!!!

Our little diva had a blast at her birthday party!!  It was a Hello Kitty party (you can see a few pictures here).  It was family only, but once you pile in all the Goode's and Ham's you have a party!!!  She received lots of clothes...just as requested!  Dresses, jeans, boots, dance wear, jackets with matching scarves, leggings galore...Kelli has herself a little fashion plate that is for sure!  After cake and ice cream, we sat around for a visit than headed home so that William and Jesse could go about their evening plans.

On Sunday morning I awoke to another rough morning, so I didn't make it to church.  But I had matinee tickets to see Memphis with Derrick's mom, Teri...so I slept as long as I could, got up, took my medicine and headed out for the afternoon.   It was a great musical and I really, really enjoyed it.   I thought that it would have used 50's music for the soundtrack, but it was all original pieces and they 'fit'.  It was a thoughtful and engaging storyline which made you truly 'feel' for the characters.  It was an afternoon of good conversations and sharing a love of theatre...what more could I want?

I stopped on the way home to pick up chicken for dinner, which we shared with some of Will's friends who were visiting.  It is always amusing and enlightening to hear teenage boys engaged in conversation!  I finally got caught up on Biggest Loser last night as well...so, I think I am now set for the new week's television schedule! 

Well, that was our weekend.  What about yours?

4 comments:

B said...

Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like a great Wrap up to good weekend. Family T.V.,book,football good food, Birthday party,musical Mexican food and chicken.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's not morning sickness? You seem to feel bad in the mornings and better in the afternoons. Just my observations.

Miss Brooke sounds like her Auntie Rosa. All I have to say is Matt may have to work a few extra shifts in the future so Miss Thang can be decked out for school and socializing.

I miss going to soccer games so I know how you feel about Will's last game of the season. Just wait until there are NO MORE games at all.

How many men does it take to change a tire? I guess it's better to have too many than not enough.

Rita

Fonda said...

Ha, ha, ha...Rita! No morning sickness here. The reason I know is the reason I was home on Friday! Now I am suffering from this frustrating weather...it's cold, it's hot, it's cold, it's hot! Gotta get over this stuff soon!

Deidra said...

Spent my weekend at Relevant. It was wonderful. Exhausting. But wonderful.