Monday, November 21, 2011

Easiest Rolls EVER!

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago...when I didn't work in an office most days but stayed home with my children...I loved to bake.  But, as much as loved it...I just couldn't do bread...or rolls.  Still can't!  My husband will tell you that I have a missing bread gene.  I burn the frozen garlic toast.  My 'homemade' biscuits are inedible unless they come from the Pillsbury Doughboy!  

But, these Refrigerator Spoon Rolls are Foolproof!  I tell you, anyone can make them!  I have had this recipe for so long that I have no idea where it originated.   The texture of the rolls is closer to a sourdough consistency than a yeast roll...but they are delcious smothered in butter or just all by themselves!
Refrigerator Spoon Rolls


2 packages of dry yeast
2 cups of warm water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups self-rising flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water.
It will look like this.
Add all other ingredients and stir until well mixed.
The finished dough.
Place in an airtight container and store in refrigerator until ready to bake. 

As needed, spoon into greased muffin tin, filling halfway.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.



Dough may be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.  Don't use too small of a container as dough will continue to grow a little after mixing. 

I need to take a picture of the finished product.  I keep forgetting.  I would rather eat them than photograph them! 

Hope you and yours are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom has the same genetic defect. She also can't wear a watch either. It will stop if she puts it on her arm. I will have to try this recipe and let you know how fool proof it really is.

Rita