Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It Was A Beautiful Wedding

Last Friday morning, Meagan and I headed northeast to attend a family wedding. My cousin Rita's daughter was getting married on Saturday evening. They not only came out for Meagan's wedding last September, but they also spent the day helping to set things up for the reception. We wanted to return the favor.

We had a lot of laughs and made a lot of memories as we visited with my sister and mother and tried to help out any way we could. We made green bean bundles for 150 people even though neither one of us had ever even seen a green bean bundle. (Thankfully, Rosa had made them before!) We decorated tables and set up food, all the while enjoying one another's company. It was a great time spent with my daughter and my sister.

The wedding was beautiful. The church, the bridal party were all pretty...and the bride was absolutely gorgeous as she walked down the aisle. The groom's face when he saw his bride...priceless! The reception went off with just a few hitches that I hope went unnoticed. We visited with 'family' members that I hadn't seen in FOREVER! The whole family helped clean up after the bride and groom departed, we dropped off wedding paraphernalia...and dropped into bed around midnight.

Sunday we had brunch with the bride's family and watched them open their gifts before heading home. A seven hour drive passed with little said due to the fact that we were both exhausted...but content.

I treasure the time Meagan and I got to spend together. I know those times are rare now that she is married and a working mother. I treasure the time I was able to work side by side with my sister...who is a decorating genius I would love to take after! We see each other three or four times a year, but rarely without the whole family gathered round. I am thankful to be able to be a blessing to my extended family who have blessed me in many different ways through the years. I had the opportunity to thank one of my 'aunts' (who was a huge help at my wedding reception nearly 28 years ago) with the heart of a twice decorated Mother of the Bride. I now know how big a sacrifice everyone made to make my wedding day a beautiful memory.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and I treasure the memories created.

I am also thankful that I was able to miss work yesterday and catch up on some rest. I slept until 1:30 PM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed she forgot to put in her post they drank margarita's while they made the green bean bundles. Who wouldn't have fun drinking margarita's?!?! HA HA. Seriously though, a big THANK YOU to everyone who helped with the wedding and reception. I couldn't have done it without my family. We received a lot of compliments on the reception decorations. Y'all really out did yourselves.

Love to all,
Rita