Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Survivor: Texas

I had my first visit with Nick, my personal trainer, yesterday.

When asked at my initial visit whether I wanted a male or female trainer, my only reply was "I don't want a drill sergeant." Well, Nick is a former marine...but in no way drill 'sergeantish'. (Don't you like how I create my own words sometimes!)

Don't worry, he still worked my behind off...but then again, that is only one area that needs to be worked off! Ha! Actually, we worked on legs and then I hit the treadmill for 30 minutes of cardio. In my dreams! I made it to 15 minutes and had to stop the machine before I slid right off the back of the thing and into the elliptical machine behind me. I felt a little intimidated by the young 20 something that was two machines over. She was running when I arrived and still running when I left. Thankfully, there were a couple of people going my pace soon after I started.

I feel a little sore, but not like I am dying...though I have been warned that I may feel that way tomorrow. I have my work out lined up for the rest of the week and I will meet with Nick again next Monday.

Thanks for the inquiries and holding me accountable to this "Live Healthier" goal. I appreciate you all so very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My tip for the day: I can't walk on the treadmill. My shins feel like the muscle is trying to tear away from the bone after a few minutes. I do like the elliptical and my shins never hurt. You also don't have to be on it as long as the treadmill to burn the same calories.

Keep up the good work!!!
Rita